A Closer Look at Our Homecoming Court

Boys’ Court

Robert Stone, son of Brad and Jane Stone, is the freshman representative. He has been attending Stratford for 11 years now. Stone runs track and plays soccer. He is a member of the Pep Club, Spanish Club, and Finance Club. He enjoys playing the guitar. Robert hopes to go to UGA when he graduates high school.

Felton Hatcher, son of Robbo and Betsy Hatcher, is the 10th grade representative. He has been at Stratford for 11 years. He is a member of the Ultimate Frisbee Club, Pep Club, Key Club, SALSA, and serves as the sophomore representative on the Honor Council. Hatcher plays basketball and soccer for Stratford, and his favorite activity outside of school is playing club soccer. His favorite subject in school is Accelerated English.

Austin Devenney, son of John and Dana Devenney, is the  junior representative. He is a member of Beta Club, Key Club, and Reach Out. He plays football, baseball and runs track. His favorite thing to do in his free time is work out. Devenney says he has been most influenced by Ms. Hutto during his time at Stratford.

Hunter Quintal, son of Kim Quintal, is a senior representative. He has been at Stratford for 2 years. Quintal is a Peer Mentor.  He is also a member of the Ultimate Frisbee Club, Vocal Ensemble, Global and Community Awareness Club, and Ecology Club. He is a cross country runner and soccer player. Quintal plays lacrosse outside of Stratford. He is also involved in theatre at school. He hopes to attend UC San Diego and major in environmental sciences.

Morgan Sowell, son of Baxter and Terry Sowell, is a senior representative. He has been going to Stratford since Pre-K. Sowell is involved in Pep Club, Classics Club, and Beta Club. He is also a peer mentor and a member of the SAB. He is both a football player and a soccer player. Sowell wants to attend UNC once he graduates high school.

Devyn Gaton, son of Dr. Freddie and Lisa Gaton, is a senior representative. He plays football, runs track, and is a varsity swimmer. Gaton is a peer mentor. He is in Key Club, Pep Club, Personal Finance Investment Club, Chess Club, and Ultimate Frisbee Club. He also is very involved with the Jay’s Hope Foundation. In his free time, Gaton enjoys watching football, playing Xbox, and catching up on his favorite television shows. He has enjoyed learning about history the most throughout his 14 years at Stratford

William Ham, son of Neal and Willa Ham, is a senior representative. He has been attending Stratford for three years. He is a football player. Ham is a member of Pep Club, Key Club, and Beta Club and is also involved in peer mentoring. He enjoys playing the guitar. He plans on going to UGA and possibly majoring in finance.

Will Bowdoin, son of Tony and Michelle Bowdoin, is a senior representative. He plays soccer and runs cross country. Bowdoin is in Key Club, Beta Club, SALSA, and Spanish Club. His favorite thing to do in his free time is play guitar. During his five years at Stratford, Ms. Ferrari has helped him the most.

Andrew Wanna, son of Dr. Fadi and Carol  Wanna, is a senior representative. He plays soccer and enjoys sleeping in his free time. Wanna hopes to attend either UGA or UVA.

William Hicks, son of Brannon and Nancy Hicks, is a senior representative. He plays golf and football. He is in Key Club, Pep Club, and Hunting and Fishing Club. He is also a peer mentor. He hopes to attend Auburn and become a physical therapist.

image_2[1]
William Staton poses with friends, Sarah Hammond and Holly Bean, after being crowned Homecoming KIng.

William Staton, son of Cecil and Katherine Staton, is a senior representative and Homecoming King. He is a member of Vocal Ensemble, Drama Club, Key Club, and Pep Club. He is also a peer mentor. He is also a member of the marching band and is in the cast of the One Act play. His favorite subject is Latin. Throughout his 14 years at Stratford Staton has been influenced the most by Mr. Paterson and Dr. Katz, who Staton said “helped farm me into a better student.”

Girls’ Court

Maggie Greer, daughter of Hal and Jenny Greer, is the freshman representative. She has been at Stratford since Pre-K. She is a member of Key Club, Pep Club, Global and Community Awareness Club, Latin Club, and SAB. Greer is a tennis player. She also rides horses in her free time. She hopes to attend UGA one day.

Savannah Joyner, daughter of Shannon and Bonnie Joyner, is the sophomore representative. She has been at Stratford for five years. She is a member of Ecology Club, Pep Club, SALSA, and Key Club. Joyner hopes to attend UNC and enter med school to become either a pediatrician or an anesthesiologist.

photo 1
Hope Hays is escorted by her father.

Ansley Edwards, daughter of Jim and Laura Edwards, is the junior representative. She has been at Stratford for three years. She is a member of SALSA, Reach Out, Spanish Club, Girl Talk, Key Club, Pep Club, and Fussell Club. She is also a peer mentor. Edwards plays volleyball and soccer and cheers during basketball season. Her favorite thing to do in her free time is paint. She hopes to attend either Wake Forest, Furman, or UVA.

Claire Kelly, daughter of John and Ashley Kelly, is a senior representative. She is secretary of the Key Club and is on Stratford’s Shooting Sports Team. She is also involved in the One Act Play. Kelly’s favorite subject is history. She hopes to attend Clemson, the College of Charleston, or USC.

Emily Schlottman, daughter of Robert and Lisa Schlottman, is a senior representative. She has been attending Stratford for 14 years. She is a tennis player. Schlottman is a member of Pep Club, Ecology Club, and Key Club and is also a peer mentor. She really enjoys art class as well. Schlottman likes to spend her free time playing video games. She wishes to attend either the University of Colorado or the University of Charleston where she plans to major in psychology.

Holly Bean, daughter of Leslie Bean, is a senior representative. She has attended Stratford for three years. She is a member of Clio Club, Global and Community Awareness Club, and French Club. Bean plays tennis and is drum major for the Stratford Marching Band. She is also involved in theatre. Bean hopes to attend UVA next year.

Montgomery Jones, daughter of Casey and Joanna Jones, is a senior representative. She has attended Stratford for 14 years. She is a member SAB, SIB, Spanish Club, Pep Club, Key Club, Ecology Club, English Honors Society. Also, she is Student Body President and a Varsity Cheerleader. Her favorite subject is english. Jones feels that Mrs. Gumbart has helped her most throughout her time at Stratford. When she is not busy with her school work and extracurriculars, Jones enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She hopes to attend either UGA, Georgia College or College of Charleston and possibly become a nurse.

Holly Hanse, daughter of George and Pamela Hanse, is a senior representative. She has been at Stratford for 14 years. She is a member of Key Club, Pep Club, Spanish Club, and SAB. She is a cheerleader. Her favorite thing to do is hang out with her friends. She hopes to go to UGA.

Kate Maddux, daughter of Gene and Valli Maddux, is a senior representative. Maddux will attend Auburn this fall. She is a cheerleader and a member of Pep Club, Spanish Club, Key Club, and Hunting and Fishing Club. She is a peer mentor. Her favorite thing to do in her free time is spend time with friends. Her favorite subject is history. Ms. Ferrari has had the greatest influence on Maddux.

Hope Hays, daughter of Cal and Sharon Hays, is a senior representative. She has been at Stratford for 14 years. She is a peer mentor. She is a member of Key Club, Pep Club, and Spanish Club. Hays is both a soccer player and a cheerleader. Hays is set on attending Auburn next year and hopes to major in psychology.

Stacey Dorogy, daughter of Mark and Diane Dorogy, is a senior representative and Homecoming Queen. She has been attending Stratford since first grade. Dorogy is a member of the Classics Club, Math Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Global and Community Awareness Club, and the Vocal Ensemble. Dorogy is also a tennis player. She is a peer mentor. She wishes to attend either the University of Michigan or the College of William and Mary. As our homecoming queen, Dorogy advises the students “not to take yourself too seriously.”