It’s All About Girls (and Talk)

Haley Kilpatrick, founder of Girl Talk.

The Girl Talk program, in its first year at Stratford, reaches out to middle school girls seeking direction and support. Initiated and overseen by Ms. Jaqui Wilson, upper school counselor, Girl Talk is facilitated  by upper school girls.

These mentors meet with the middle school girls during their lunch period, serving as important role models, giving advice and support. Wilson believes the program is beneficial to the school because it reminds the girls that “they are not alone and there is help.”

Haley Kilpatrick, founder of the organization Girl Talk, will be on campus April 16 to speak with the middle school girls and their parents. Parents will meet alone with Kilpatrick in Stefanis from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and following, are invited to attend a Girl Talk meeting.Haley Headshot 4 - Copy

Kilpatrick first had the idea for the Girl Talk program at age fifteen. She founded the organization on the idea of helping boost the self esteem of middle school girls and guide them through their early teen years.

Girl Talk is one of the largest programs of its kind in the country. It has a presence in 43 states and has helped more than 40,000 girls. Girl Talk is a 501(c)3 national nonprofit organization with headquarters in Atlanta, GA.

The program has been featured on CNN, ABC, The Today Show, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, TBS, Hallmark Channel, CosmoGirl! Magazine, and supported by American Eagle Outfitters stores, among many others.