Holland Schell is Stratford’s valedictorian

Sai Pagadala, Carter Atkinson, Sam Atkinson, and Li-An Tsai are salutatorians

Gazebo Photo by EmmaJane Canady

(L-R) Carter Atkinson, Sam Atkinson, Holland Schell, Li-An Tsai, Sai Pagadala

Holland Schell is the valedictorian for the 2018-2019 school year. She is also this year’s STAR Student. Holland said she is honored to be named both positions this year.

“I’ve worked hard all of high school to keep my grades up and be the best student I can be,” she said. “I’m so thankful that it paid off in the end.”

Pullquote Photo

“I’ve worked hard all of high school to keep my grades up and be the best student I can be. I’m so thankful that it paid off in the end.

— Holland Schell

This year has been extremely competitive, and there is a four way tie between the salutatorians. The salutatorians are Sai Pagadala, Carter Atkinson, Sam Atkinson, and Li-An Tsai.

“I know there has been a tie for the highest GPA almost every year, but I knew that in the end I would be happy for whoever the titles went to,” Holland said ” I’m so happy for all of the girls who were names salutatorians. I know they have worked equally as hard and we should all be proud of our accomplishment.”

The salutatorians will divide a speech amongst themselves, and Holland will have the full 10 minutes to speak.

“I feel like everyone in my grade is equally competitive, it wasn’t a surprise that there were so many salutatorians,” Sai Pagadala said.

There have never been four salutatorians or twins as salutatorians before.

Even though they have the same GPA, they have different strengths. Carter prefers literature and language, while Sam is stronger in math and science.

Carter and Sam both wanted a place in the top two, but never really had in mind being salutatorian together.

“I just think it is cool that it’s all girls in the top two spots. I’m proud of all the salutatorians and for the valedictorian too but personally, I know for Sam and me, we worked super hard as well with our super tough schedule with dance,” Carter said.

Holland will be attending Auburn this fall.  Sam and Carter Atkinson are going to the University of Alabama. Li-An and Sai will attend Georgia Tech.