My love for baseball

Back to Article
Back to Article

My love for baseball

Waldon Davis plays shortstop during his sophomore season.

Gazebo Photo by Courtesy of Eagle Action Pics

Baseball is a sport that requires hard work, skill, and determination.  It is by far my favorite sport for those reasons. 

I love to work hard, I have the perfect skills — speed and good hand-eye coordination — a baseball player needs.  I am determined to do my best in the process.

I have been playing baseball since I was 4 and things just started getting serious. It all started when I was 12 when I began playing with a traveling team called the  “Naturals”. 

We were an insanely good team out of middle Georgia. We won many  tournaments, and it’s where I started to love the game of baseball. 

Then, things started to get very serious when people were telling me I had a shot to play at the next level. When high school baseball began I was very nervous as a freshman.  However, the upperclassmen hyped me up and gave me hope of playing. 

Then, the first game I started at second base and from then on I was no longer nervous. I played shortstop for the rest of the games and the year ended badly when we lost to a good team

Last year, as a sophomore, I was named MVP of the team after a long season and a losing record. With that happening, my parents began to strongly believe I had a chance at the next level.

Also, the past summer I went to some college showcases and tournaments and began getting a few emails from small schools. This is when I realized I needed to pursue this game.

Baseball has done so many things for me including making me a better person, pushing me through tough times, and lastly the game has shown me how to pursue my dream.