App’s revolutionary update simple, useful

Gazebo Photo by Annie Shih

In the past, the Stratford app’s features were complicated to access and navigate and were limited to only Apple devices. With the new update released last month, it can now be accessed on Android devices and is easier to use. 

New features include the following: a more organized structure, fewer buttons, a nicer calendar that can be filtered depending on what you’re interested in, new stories and pictures that show up on the main page, access to social media accounts, and athlete rosters.

We’ve kept it really simple for a reason. Students and parents are the main users of the app. Faculty and staff don’t use it as much.

— Mrs. Elizabeth Avant

A new tab named “directory” has been added to the menu. Parents can find information on teachers here. Also, the student, parent, and faculty and staff portals can be accessed on the app, but they are password protected. Parents can now know basic things such as their child’s schedule and important events. Students can also know which day it is as well as their assignments.

Marketing and Communications Director, Mrs. Avant, is open to suggestions on improvements or technical difficulties and is willing to provide information if anyone wants to know more. 

“We’ve kept it really simple for a reason,” Mrs. Avant said. “Students and parents are the main users of the app. Faculty and staff don’t use it as much.”