Stratford Harvests for Hope

Generosity, as well as a little friendly competition, resulted in another successful Harvest for Hope food drive sponsored by Stratford’s Key Club.  The non-perishable items were transported by students to Macon Outreach’s Grocery Pantry the week before Thanksgiving.  The pantry oversees the distribution of food to the community’s needy.

“We collected enough cans to fill up six jeeps, and hopefully helped out many people. As Stratford students, our job is to help out the less fortunate in our community, and I’d say we successfully did that,” Key Club President Nisha Shetty said.

Near the end of the drive, In an effort to increase student donations, Upper School Principal Ms. Margaret Brogdon, declared a pajama day for Upper School advisories that brought in fifty additional cans over those that were already collected. Nine homerooms met the challenge, including Ms. Voss’ and Ms. Haynie’s advisory, which donated over 270 cans.

Other homeroom winners were Ms. Chabot’s, Ms. Wangerin’s, Ms. Hutto’s, Mr. Fred’s, Dr. Katz’s, Mr. Stecher’s and Mr. Loomis’.  Pajama Day was enjoyed Dec. 4.

“The entire school, from beginners to the upper school, the faculty and the administration, participated in the food drive,” Key Club advisor Hollie Wangerin said. Over two thousand non-perishable food items were donated.