Ally Parker crowned homecoming queen

Ally Parker reacts to being named homecoming queen Friday night. Her father, Greg, plays the role of proud daddy. (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER)

Senior Ally Parker was crowned homecoming queen Friday night. Other seniors  on the homecoming court were Cali Ruth Hayes, Savannah Joyner, Colyar McCord, Tift Palmer, Ginny Anne Pinson, Caroline Rozier and Ramsie Whitworth.

Coleman Rozier was the junior class representative. Lucy Lee was the sophomore representative and Emory Sutherland represented the freshmen.

Senior Wentao Wu, an exchange student from China, was announced as homecoming king at Wednesday night’s Powderpuff game. Other senior representatives for the boys were Shishir Bandi,  Jack Evans, Felton Hatcher, Tommy McCook, John Micheal O’Quinn, Jackson Pyles and O’Showen Williams.

Walker Gibbons was the junior representative. Steve Durkee was the sophomore representative and McKinley Thompson represented the freshman class on the court.

In Friday’s homecoming football game, the Eagles improved to 5-2 with a 50-0 win over Twiggs County in Region 7A-A. Quarterback Sim Patrick passed for 109 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another touchdown. The Eagles capitalized on six turnovers by the Cobras. Justin Griffin led the way with seven tackles. Jaclyn Hughes had two interceptions, returning one for a 51-yard touchdown for the first of Stratford’s seven touchdowns.

Homecoming court (L-R) Emory Sutherland, Savannah Joyner, Cali Ruth Hays, Tift Palmer, Caroline Rozier, Ally Parker, Ramsie Whitworth, Colyar McCord, Ginny Anne Pinson, Coleman Rozier and Lucy Lee. (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER)
Ally Parker is congratulated by other members of the homecoming court. (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER)