Getting fired up

Tonight is WGXA’s ‘Game of the Week’
dsc_1030
(Photo by CHARLES UPSHAW, Gazebo Staff Writer)

By WADE SNOW, Gazebo Staff Writer

Stratford will face Lincoln County tonight in WGXA’s “Game of the Week.”

img_5454
Luke Hetrick

WGXA will be broadcasting Stratford’s tailgate as a part of its “Game of the Week” series, and reporting on the game highlights on FOX 24. The tailgate will start Friday at 5 p.m. on the practice football field. Sportscasters Luke Hetrick and Mason Prince and morning anchor Rick Devens will be on hand.

“We know this week Stratford is facing a very good Lincoln County team and Stratford has also been impressive despite losing so many talented players from last year,” said Hetrick.

Hedrick said his favorite part of the “Game of the Week” process is the interactions he has with the student sections and the fans.

Kickoff is at 7:30 pm. The game looks to be a battle of the defenses, as Lincoln County has allowed only 14 points scored against through three games and the Stratford defense has also showed-out so far season. This is a game with major region implications, with this being the first region game of the year for each team.

Lincoln County’s defense has allowed only 14 points in its first three games. In a battle of the defenses with major region implications,  Stratford’s will be looking to improve on its 2-1 record and No. 11 ranking in the GHSA Class A private school power rankings. Lincoln County is 2-0-1 and ranked third in the Class A public school rankings.

Eagles holds first pep rally of the season

The entire school turned out for Friday’s pep rally, as students and faculty showed their spirit. The Eagles host Lincoln County at 7:30 p.m. in one of the biggest games of the season. (Photos by CHARLES UPSHAW, Gazebo Staff Writer. Video by LIZZI CLAYTON)

dsc_1038
Pep Club member Wade Snow tells student’s about Friday’s WGXA-TV televised student tailgate parties at the Eagles soccer fields. (Photo by CHARLES UPSHAW, Gazebo Staff)

dsc_1018
Varsity football players make entrance to their section of the bleachers. (Photo by CHARLES UPSHAW, Gazebo Staff)
dsc_1029
Varsity cheerleaders get students in the spirit. (Photo by CHARLES UPSHAW, Gazebo Staff)
dsc_1036
The bleachers were filled for Friday’s pep rally during morning break (Photo by CHARLES UPSHAW, Gazebo Staff)