How to take the perfect yearbook photo
Advice for the girls: Preparation. Preparation. Preparation. Advice for the guys: Remember to take a shower.
September 26, 2017
Boys (Jake Jamison, senior)
- Take a shower.
Girls (Taylor Swan, sophomore)
- The day before picture day, check and make sure you have all of your make-up and products.
- The night before, don’t forget to do go to the store and get a face mask to get your skin looking photo ready.
- Do a whitening strip the night before to make sure your teeth are looking their best.
- In the morning, take a shower and don’t forget to wash (and condition) your hair.
- Wash your face and make sure your mask helped to make your skin look great.
- Blow dry your hair until not one drop of water is left.
- After drying your hair, brush through it thoroughly and make sure to get out any and all tangles.
- Straighten your hair, making sure not to miss any large areas.
- After your hair is picture-day ready, it’s time for makeup! Start by applying some foundation to your face.
- Now, work on your eyes so that they pop in your picture! Put on eyeliner, mascara, and maybe even some sparkly eyeshadow.
- Pick out your favorite uniform combination. (I prefer the navy on navy!)
- Don’t forget your jewelry, especially necklaces and earrings.
- On the way to school, don’t drive too fast and risk messing up your hair.
- Pack a brush in your book bag to touch up your hair before your photo.
- Before your photo take a deep breath and don’t worry. Just because your picture will be in the yearbook for years to come and for your future kids to look at you does not mean you should sweat it!