Pep Club keeps school spirit high

About 260 of the 317 Upper School students are members of Stratford's largest club

November 1, 2017

It is no secret that Pep Club is the most popular club at Stratford.

From getting a new T-shirt every year to the fun student tailgates, many students are eager to join.

Mrs. Shannon Boswell is in charge of the Pep Club. About 260 of the 317 students in the Upper School are members. The senior leaders of the club  are Sarah Koplin, Clifton Olmstead, Emma Davis and Nistil Bandi.

Friday’s game is a neon out. We purchased 1,200 glow necklaces so that’s a lot of glow necklaces. We will have a tailgate with drinks and paint and all sorts of good things. Everyone should come!

— Sarah Koplin, senior

“My favorite thing about being a Pep Club leader is getting all the students involved, whether it’s a freshman or senior, and just having something that brings the whole high school together as one,’’ Sarah said.

The Pep Club has made some changes this school year.

“We’re doing a lot more with social media this year,”  Sarah said. “We’re using Twitter all the time to get information out rather than just announcing it to the school.”

Members are expected to do is just show up and support, Mrs. Boswell said.

“And ideally that doesn’t mean just football and basketball,’’ she said. “Members should go support all teams.”

Pep Club members are encouraged to go to all the sports events they can.

The next Pep Club event is Friday’s tailgate before the game and the student section during the game. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. against Aquinas for the region championship.

“Friday’s game is a neon out,” said Sarah. “We purchased 1,200 glow necklaces so that’s a lot of glow necklaces. We will have a tailgate with drinks and paint and all sorts of good things. Everyone should come!”