You can’t spell Stratford without A-R-T

Third annual Celebrating Art on display in Daws Student Activity Center

Stratford is about to get more colorful.

Beginning Wednesday, more than 300 pieces of original artwork will be on display for the third annual Celebrating Art.

The event will take place in the Daws Student Activity Center on October 17-21.

“We really want to invite the community to come to Stratford,’’ said Mrs. Kathleen Medlin, director of institutional advancement. “Not only to see our campus, but to celebrate something that we all love, which is the visual arts.’’

Students are welcome to come at any time during the school day or after school to visit the gallery free of charge. There also are many ways students can  become involved in this celebration, and   receive community service hours as well as a dress-down day.

Similar to the past years, Mrs. Medlin said there will be “a gallery 6010 market place, which is a gallery of over 300 pieces of original art from artists across the country.”

“We also are going to have a glass pumpkin patch again, and [they] are going to bring in visiting artists to do demonstrations for students,” she said.

The five-day event will include activities for all ages such as a glass blowing workshop, a sidewalk chalk art workshop, and a clay workshop. New to this year, there will also be an “Arty Party Preview Celebration” and a “Family Fun Day” for children age 12-and-under and their families.

For tickets and more information about Celebrating Art, visit www.celebratingartmacon.com

Gazebo Photo by Caroline Sutherland and Evie Tharpe