‘Christmas Vacation,’ ‘Elf,’ ‘Home Alone’ top list of favorite holiday movies

Clark Griswold and “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” is among the favorites of Stratford students during the holidays

Stratford students are making a list and checking it twice.

At or near the top of that list of favorite holiday movies is  “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”

“It’s not like the normal, sappy Christmas movies,” senior Niya Dillard said. “It’s so funny and perfect to watch with your family during the holidays.”

Junior Katelyn Meece is also a fan of the Clark Griswold classic.

“It’s a family tradition to watch it, and it’s my Dad’s favorite, too,” she said.

Carson Chambless, a Junior, enjoys “Home Alone” every season.

“It is a classic in my family to always watch during Christmas time,” Carson said.

Junior Briony Wooten really enjoys the holiday movie, “Home Alone.”

“It always makes me laugh no matter what,” Briony said.

Sophomore Jean Hightower and junior Bailey Thames also scan’t get through the holidays without watching the adventures of Kevin in “Home Alone.”

“It’s funny and gets me in the Christmas spirit.” Jean said.

No holiday season would be complete for junior, Ellie Fitzgibbons without watching Will Ferrell in “Elf.”

“It is funny and it puts me in the holiday spirit,” she said.

Seniors Mary Kate Groves and Garrett Solheim also love watching actor Will Ferrell in “Elf.”

“It will always be funny no matter how many times you watch it,” Mary Kate said,

Said Garrett: “It is a classic and just a hilarious movie.”

“The Grinch” is senior Lolly McMachon’s favorite Christmas movie because it’s very funny and she said that the soundtrack is fantastic.

Junior Hadley Horner is also a big fan of actor Jim Carrey in the 2000 live action version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”

Thomas Jones, a senior, is a big fan of “The Polar Express” during the holidays.

“It puts my whole family into the holiday spirit and always reminds me of past memories,” Thomas said.

Junior Mekhi Lyder’s favorite Christmas movie is “The Polar Express” because he’s always dreamed of riding the train.

Another Junior, Akins Manley’s favorite Christmas movie is also “The Polar Express because [he] watched it in kindergarten and thought it was cool”.

Senior Claudia Pope’s favorite Christmas movie is the clay animation of “Rudolph”. She loves it because “It is so cute”.

“Diehard” is junior Max Payne’s favorite Christmas movie, while senior Kendall Simmons is a fan of  “Merry Christmas, Drake and Josh.”