Putzke, Tang receive accolades for artwork

The work of Stratford art students Annie Putzke, left, and Jocelyn Tang

Stratford students Annie Putzke and Jocelyn Tang have had their artwork submitted into showcases by high school art teacher, Anastasia Fink.

Pullquote Photo

It took me a while to do. There were a lot of little parts that had to come together to create the finished art piece.

— Annie Putzke

Annie, a freshman, was accepted into the Georgia Allstate Art Competition, which is the largest high school art show in Georgia. There were more than 1,000 applicants and she was one of the 140 who were chosen. The show is judged March 1, and the winners will be announced then. Her artwork is showcased at Columbus State University.

Her art piece is a garden made from a collage of magazine clippings.

“Ms.Fink didn’t tell me it was going to be submitted until a month ago because she kept it until then and it got into the Allstate Art Competition ”Annie said.  “It took me a while to do. There were a lot of little parts that had to come together to create the finished art piece.”

Jocelyn, a sophomore, received an honorable mention for the Scholastic Art and Writing Award which is a national competition. Jocelyn’s art work will be displayed here at Stratford.

Pullquote Photo

I was really happy that it won, and my cat would probably be, too.

— Jocelyn Tang

“While I was drawing it I didn’t know if it had the chance to win or not because I knew this year it was going to be more competitive,” Jocelyn said.

She said she spent a month drawing. The inspiration was provided an a photograph she took of her cat.

“I was really happy that it won, and my cat would probably be, too,” she said.