Faculty Member Receives International Recognition

Bill Reynolds' Kiwanis Award
Bill Reynolds’ Kiwanis Award

When Bill Reynolds, lower school faculty member, found out he had been selected to receive the “Distinguished Service to Children” Award by the Kiwanis Club of Macon, he was shocked. The Kiwanis Club is an organization dedicated to improving the lives of children around the world. Reynolds accepted the award at the Annual Kiwanis Banquet on September 23.

“I almost feel guilty receiving the award because it’s not just me that helped. The parents and students at Stratford are a large reason why I got recognized,” said Reynolds.

“I have always seen him have a heart for helping others, and he loves teaching others to have that same desire to help,” Lower School Principal Redonda Mann said.

Reynolds regularly volunteers for the Mentors’ Project of Bibb County. This group secures adult role models to be mentors to students having trouble inside and outside of school. Reynolds also actively volunteers for Macon Outreach at Mulberry.

In addition to the honor of being the award recipient, Reynolds was asked to select a volunteer organization to which the Kiwanis Club of Macon would donate $500 in his honor. Reynolds named the Mentors Project as the recipient of the funds.

Reynolds’ volunteer efforts are not exclusive to helping children. He is also currently putting some of his efforts into the preservation of historic downtown Macon.