Jones Heads United Way Campaign at Stratford

The United Way of Central Georgia’s 2014 fundraising goal of $4.325 million was recently assisted by a Stratford faculty and staff donation of $10,573.  Ms. Millie Jones, Learning Support Center teacher, heads the annual drive at Stratford.

“I think that the United Way is an excellent vehicle for distributing money to worthy causes and good programs and organizations. Stratford, and especially Millie Jones, does a fine job to help this cause,” Ms. Lynn Massey, sixth grade teacher and United Way participant said.

This year, 60 of 151 Stratford employees contributed to the drive.  Three prizes are awarded as an incentive to participate, according to Jones. Coach David Bailey took home the early bird prize, Ms. Rachel Chabot, upper school French teacher, the increased pledge prize, and Ms. Susan Hanberry, middle school science teacher, the general participation prize.

“I’d love to see more people participate, and I think with our generous faculty that it is entirely possible. Perhaps we’ll get the students to help us out next year,” Jones said.

More than 190,000 people were helped through last year’s United Way of Central Georgia’s annual campaign through programs and agencies that work to improve the social conditions in the 14-county area according to a United Way news release.