Class retreats were a real treat

5704D157-EDE8-4EC5-85A6-4B27B3D63999 (1)
Juniors Maggie Greer and Grace Adams get merry on Cherry.

Senior Retreat: By Libby Ellison

46B939BE-7AAC-4BC7-9298-3C3B1F89166F
The seniors collected and packed items for the Crisis Line and Safe House.
FF638994-027F-40C5-9203-CB59066D6533
Seniors (L-R) Michelle Tang, Laney Tuck, Libby Ellison, Ramsie Whitworth and Hinal Patel.

The seniors arrived at Stratford on Tuesday morning to pack care packages for the Crisis Line and Safe House. The class had collected hygiene items for the packages. Some of the items included toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, floss, shampoo, lotion and razors. After assembling the packages, the seniors went to the Shaker’s farm off Zebulon Road. They enjoyed an afternoon of activities, including “animal crossing,” a scavenger hunt competition between the home rooms, and outdoor games. For lunch, there was a cookout with hamburgers and hot dogs. The sun came out for the a perfect ending to the retreat.

IMG_0822 (1)
One of the six teams in the junior class competing in the scavenger hunt races around the corner of Cherry and Third Streets to try and be the first to cross the finish line.

Junior Retreat: By Carly Wanna, Lizzi Clayton and Deep Patel

IMG_5375 (1)
Juniors write words of encouragement and scripture on the styrofoam lunch trays for residents at the Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia.

The junior class did its community service at the Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia, Loaves and Fishes, the Blair House, Daybreak and the Community Food Bank. After lunch downtown, the class gathered at the Cox Capitol Theatre for an afternoon of activities. The juniors went on an adventure-filled scavenger hunt along five blocks of Cherry Street. Others stayed at the Capitol and had fun learning everything from shag dancing to sign language to fantasy football to the “spoons” game and solving a Rubik’s Cube.

In the video: Sarah Kate Sellers and Kevin McGean shag dancing.

IMG_0821 (1)
Juniors ham it up (no pun intended) after a productive morning at the Community Food Bank.

Sophomore Retreat: By Leah Davis and Haven Thibodeaux

The sophomores held a field day for the students of Elam Alexander Elementary on the track at the Stratford football stadium. The class was divided into groups to monitor a variety of games and activities in friendly competition for the children.  The sophomores then served the Elam Alexander students sack lunches. After the field day ended, the sophomores went to the softball field for pizza, cookie, and drinks. The afternoon included class activities such as kickball and board games.

IMG_7775 (1)
Sopohomores Sarah Koplin and Miller Ann Davis
IMG_7776 (1)
(L-R) Tori Dover, Lucy Lee, Olivia Pruett and Sydnie Rouleau work with young students from Elam Alexander during field day activities.

Freshman Retreat: By Kenzie Muenzer, Mary Lynes Sutton, Regan Oliver, Anna Parel, Karen Jarrard and Hadley Neal

The freshmen class  went in the Mercer Law School on Tuesday morning and watched some Stratford graduates do trivia about “Old Stratford.” After that, they went on the tour of the Woodruff House (the former Stratford Academy) and learned about the school’s history. After lunch, students were given the option to pick up trash along Cherry Street or plant pansies and petunias in downtown flower beds.

8A89CC85-26BE-4341-9794-5AD7ECCFA335 (1)
After a tour of the old Stratford Academy, now the Woodruff House, ninth-graders took turns sliding down Coleman Hill.

FC612FD0-C523-41DB-973C-3CD616D98D42 (1)
Freshman Meggie Aivalotis helped pick up trash along Cherry Street with her classmates.