Wedding of Q and U

(Videography by MARY LYNES SUTTON, Gazebo Staff)

By KAREN JARRARD, Gazebo Staff Writer

Quietly think to yourself and try to come up with a word quickly that doesn’t have a Q and a U together.

Don’t quit, yet. Keep thinking.

Can’t think of one off the top of your head? That’s because there are only a few words in the Webster Dictionary that have a Q in them, but not a U.

As the kindergarten classes come to the end of the school year,  they have been learning the letters of the alphabet. The last letter was Q, so the preschool teachers decided to have a wedding for both of the letters, binding them together for life.

Two puppets, dressed as bride and groom. were walked down the aisle by Mr. Dewayne Lawson and Mrs. Kelly Causey.

Rev. Joe McDaniel officiated the ceremony, and the preschool faculty acted as bridesmaids and servers for the wedding.

With all of the girls dressed as queens, and all of the boys dressed as quarterback it was quite the event.

As the ceremony came to a close, the bride and groom entered their “just married” golf cart and rode away to Quebec to live quaintly ever after.

They plan to have three children and name them Quintez, Quinn, and Quincy. They predict they will be quiet and will be stars in the game, Quidditch.

QUWedding2
The 41 kindergarten students in Stratford’s preschool listen to the vows exchanged between the letters “Q” and “U” (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER, Gazebo Staff)
QUWedding3
The Rev. Joe McDaniel, of Musella Baptist Church, officiates the wedding of “Q” and “U.” (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER, Gazebo Staff)
Rising senior Sarah Kate Sellers sang “Once Upon a Dream” from “Sleeping Beauty” during the ceremony. (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER, Gazebo Staff)
Several of the preschool staff of (L-R) Andrea Seagraves, Diane Adams, Sarah Reeves  and Kathy Larsen served as attendants. (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER, Gazebo Staff)
The newlyweds left for the honeymoon in a golf cart driven by Coach Rodney Collins, with recycled plastic bottles attached. (Photo by KENZIE MUENZER, Gazebo Staff)